The ten finalists in the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award category of the 2020 National Fish & Chip Awards are marking the one week countdown to the ceremony with a special fish and chips giveaway this Friday.
Each shop will be dishing out free fish suppers to the first 20 customers as a thank you for their continued support, which means there are 200 up for grabs.
Marcus Coleman, chief executive at Seafish, said: “With just under one week to go, we’re eagerly awaiting to find out who will be crowned the best fish and chip shop in the UK for 2020. We love celebrating great fish and chips, and tomorrow we want to celebrate the consumers who support the industry by buying their fish supper every week.”
He adds: “Being shortlisted as a finalist for the flagship award is a phenomenal achievement and we hope people will head along on Friday to cheer on their local shop and enjoy some free fish and chips! Everyone in the final truly deserves their spot and we wish them all the best of luck next week.”
The ten shops up for Fish and Chip Shop of the Year 2020 and that are participating in the free giveaway are:
• Carron Fish Bar, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire
• Dolphin Takeaway, Dungannon, County Tyrone
• Fish & Chips @ Weston Grove, Upton, Chester, Cheshire
• Hiks, Swansea, West Glamorgan
• Hooked@31, Fishguard, Pembrokeshire
• Rockfish, Brixham, Devon
• Seafare, Guildford, Surrey
• Shap Chippy, Shap, Penrith, Cumbria
• The Cod’s Scallops, Wollaton, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
• The Golden Carp, Redditch, Worcestershire
The winner of the Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award will be announced at The National Fish & Chip Awards’ 32nd anniversary awards ceremony in London on 23rd January 2020.