Grow your online takeaway business with help from Casio
Demand for fast food and takeaways in the UK is on the rise, with customers increasingly opting to enjoy restaurant standard food from the comfort of their own homes. In fact, the UK saw a 34% increase in fast food outlets from 2010 to 2018 and, according to market analysts MCA, the UK delivery market is now worth a staggering £8.1 billion.
And while it might be tempting to use aggregator platforms like Just Eat or Deliveroo, using an own-branded platform avoids the issue of third-party commission rates and lack of control over customer service or food handling.
To help address this challenge facing the industry, Casio – one of the leading providers of hospitality-focused EPOS solutions – has launched a new all-in-one technology bundle for independent QSR and fast food operators, designed to help them grow sales and make the most of the huge demand for online ordering.
Created in partnership with online digital ordering platform provider Preoday and payment services provider Paymentsense, the new digital bundle has been specifically designed to enable operators to build brand loyalty, control valuable customer data, and eradicate the commission paid to third-party delivery services, in turn growing takeaway revenue streams.
The new digital bundle features:
- A free, easy-to-use Casio V-R200 EPOS system with 3-year warranty, training and installation, along with a Casio UP400 kitchen printer
- A bespoke branded mobile app and online ordering webpage, powered by PreodayOnline payment solution and card machine integrated with the Casio V-R200 EPOS system, provided by Paymentsense – enabling you to efficiently accept customer payments online and in store
- Expert installation and ongoing support from all three companies
Once the solution has been installed, promoting the service on an ongoing basis is vital to its success. While marketing budgets and resources will vary greatly from one restaurant to another, some simple, cost-effective tips include:
- In-store marketing like signage, flyers, posters, business cards and window advertising
- Website and social media activity such as promoted posts, homepage adverts and discounts and promotions
- Staff training and incentives to encourage downloads at every face-to-face opportunity
- PR to announce your new online ordering system to the local media, generate awareness and possibly improve your SEO and Google ranking
- Building loyalty through ‘deals of the day’, incentivising milestone orders and directly communicating with your customers to encourage future orders
Online and mobile ordering is growing at a phenomenal pace and independent operators are well-placed to tap into this demand through their loyal customer base. Whether it’s building brand loyalty, analysing valuable customer data or protecting profit margins, the new all-in-one technology solution will enhance takeaway businesses, both in premises and online.