The results of the draw to determine who the UK's Top 20 fish and chip shops are up against have been revealed.
The shop names were picked at random by this year’s category winners Tim and Kelly Barnes of Krispies in Exmouth. The following shops will now go up against each other:
• Hook & Line, Leeds, West Yorkshire VS The Golden Carp Chippy, Redditch, Worcestershire
• The Frying Squad, Bangor, County Down VS Carron Fish Bar, Stonehaven, Grampian
• Rockfish, Brixham, Devon VS Walnut Tree Traditional Fish and Chips, Milton Keynes, Hertfordshire
• Belmont Bay Fish Bar, Harrow, London VS Dolphin Takeaway, Dungannon, County Tyrone
• Fish and Chips @ Weston Grove, Upton, Chester, Cheshire VS The Bearded Sailor, Leeds, West Yorkshire
• French's Fish Shop, Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk VS The Cod's Scallops, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
• Hooked @ 31 Wales, Fishguard, Pembrokeshire VS Fish 'n' Fritz, Weymouth, Dorset
• Seafare, Guildford, Surrey VS Mike’s Traditional Fish & Chips, Bishopstoke, Eastleigh, Hampshire
• Low's Traditional Fish & Chips, Aberdeen, Grampian VS Hiks, Swansea, West Glamorgan
• Fiddlers Elbow, Leintwardine, Herefordshire VS Shap Chippy, Shap, Cumbria
The two shops competing against each other will now be assessed by the same judging assessor and the appointed assessor will conduct a detailed and in-depth judging audit of respective shops, including assessment of both front and back of house aspects of each business and the mystery tasting and testing of products.
The best from each duo will go on to form the Top 10 and will face a presentation in front of a panel of judges at the final held in London in January 2020.